Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Yikes! Just 70 Shopping Days Until Halloween


You can’t even imagine my relief that the seasonal aisles of the supermarkets are filled with Halloween candy in August. You might think it’s too early for this and that people do not need 70-some days to buy candy for trick-or-treaters.

But you’d be seriously underestimating the sheer awesome scope of my Halloween candy needs. Untold numbers of children flock from around the country to get Hershey, Mars and Nestle products from our house, so we really need to stock up. Just look at the list of candy we require:

20 bags of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
10 bags of Snickers
18 bags of Hershey’s Miniatures
15 bags of M&Ms
8 bags of Caramel M&Ms
16 bags of Reese’s Pieces
14 bags of Kit Kats
16 bags of Milky Ways
13 bags of Nestle Crunch
8 bags of Good and Plenty
6 bags of Hot Tamales
12 bags of Hershey Kisses
5 bags of Baby Ruths
7 bags of Payday
4 bags of Red Hots
9 bags of Butterfingers
10 bags of Rolos
1 bag of candy corn

Yikes! That’s why I really need two-plus months to shop for candy. As summer ends, I’m going to raid every store in the area for candy. Every Walgreen’s, CVS, Shoprite, Target, Acme, Wawa and Rite Aid will be stripped bare. I will stalk the stores until they restock.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go. I got a hot tip on some Kit Kats at a CVS in Berks County.

No comments:

Post a Comment