Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Green Lights

If I end up making it there and if it is true that Heaven is indeed the place where we get what we want, where we get our way, then my Heaven will be a highway of green lights. I will make them all. Get where I’m going with no delay or hassle.

 

But perhaps that is not enough. A true Heaven would turn every traffic light yellow at the exact moment my afterlife car passed under it. So I could feel I were getting away with something.

 

Even in the embrace of paradise, I would not be immune to looking back to see those poor suckers stuck behind me at the red lights Heaven was not kind enough to hold long enough for them. Even there, I would find perfection in feeling I were getting somewhere quicker than the people behind me. Even with all the time in eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment