Monday, December 22, 2014

A Little More Sunlight


The sky tilted a little sometime yesterday. Today we have a bit more sunlight than we did. The dying spark on the horizon when we leave work will slowly fan itself into a fire before we know it.

I sigh in frustration at BJ’s, waiting with one item behind several people. Then the two people in front of me see me with just a box of coffee and let me in front of them.

Traffic is all screwed up but then I hear on the news that they are getting closer to finishing widening 202 so maybe it will get better.

I hunger for new music and then days before Christmas, Madonna releases six surprise songs and I can’t get a chorus out of my head.

We wait for spring to come and put our house on the market and it takes forever. But that little drip in the basement seems to have disappeared.  

Money piles up on the credit card. A debt somewhere else disappears.

The grass is brown and the garden is dead but the snows they predicted are holding off so far.

There is death and the threat of death. But there is also the promise of birth.

At the darkest time of year, we get a little more sunlight every morning and every night. When life is drab with clouds, maybe there is still some light under everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment