Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Does anybody else remember 'The Bradys'?


Not The Brady Brunch. Everybody remembers that. I mean The Bradys, the hour-long drama spinoff that ran for six episodes in 1990.

This was basically a look at all the kids’ lives as adults. The whole cast returned except for Maureen McCormick. I watched all the episodes and it was dramarama. Bobby became a racecar driver, got paralyzed in a crash and married Martha Quinn. Cindy hosted a talk show on the radio. Mike ran for office. Marcia, while bored at home, becomes an alcoholic and recovers in 60 minutes, not including commercials.

Nobody watched this show and they canceled it. Tell me you remember and I didn’t just dream this.

Surely you do remember A Very Brady Christmas, the TV reunion movie that aired to great ratings success in 1988 and 1989. Mike designs a building that collapses after the builders cut corners against his advice. People are trapped in the rubble and Carol sings “O Come All Ye Faithful” so her voice will guide them out of the darkness, as a nod to when she sang it in church on Christmas Eve in the original series. I loved the TV show so I was all over the TV movie as a kid.

I was just thinking about this for some reason. Sometimes a synapse or neuron connects and something floats to the surface of my brain. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment