Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Alert: Just 25 shopping days left until Easter


Shit. Shit shit shit.

I guess the early holiday just snuck up on me this year. But nobody in my life wants to hear excuses. They just want their Easter baskets, on time and bursting with chocolate. It’s not like the supermarkets and drugstores didn’t warn me. They put up Easter displays on Feb. 15, the moment the Valentine’s Day chocolate turns irreparably rancid, just so we can all start our shopping early. Because God knows Easter shopping takes at least six weeks to complete.

I just have so much to do and am feeling completely overwhelmed. My estimate is that I will need 27 Easter baskets to distribute to family and friends. The amount of plastic grass alone is incalculable. Then think of all the plastic eggs and jellybeans and chocolate bunnies and pastel M&Ms (they must be pastel because any other kind does not taste like Easter). Plus the hundred or more Easter cards I have to send out to everybody and … and …

I have to lie down.

What a fool I am. For the next 25 days, I’m going to be reduced to driving all over the tri-state area, scouring every obscure convenience store looking for chocolate. And I’m only going to find the dregs because everybody else started shopping over a month ago. And then Easter is going to be ruined for everyone.

Sigh. I never thought I’d be one of those people who started Easter shopping on Holy Saturday. Now I’m going to show up with a bunch of baskets that look like drunk people made them during the Depression. My God, I’m going to be laughed out of Christianity, aren’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment