Friday, July 22, 2016

Hello, I'm Melania Trump


I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.

Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree? I travel the world and the seven seas. Everybody’s looking for something.

Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another. I am not ashamed of my grandparents for having been slaves. I am only ashamed of myself for having at one time being ashamed.

Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.

Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Lolita was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little. You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.

Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

Call me Ishmael.

No comments:

Post a Comment