Monday, July 25, 2016

I had the most Growing dream


I dreamed that I was in the new house that the cast of Growing Pains was moving into. I was one of the Seavers’ kids and I was in my 20s.

The house had weirdly-defined borders but I got the sense that it was a really wide rowhome. It was filled with plush furniture and its hallways were big enough to fit couches and all sorts of furniture in them. It didn’t have a ceiling so it was sort of like a television set without cameras.

The rest of the family and a bunch of people were bustling around and moving things in. I walked into one of the bedrooms, assuming it was mine, but the younger, non-Kirk Cameron son of Growing Pains pushed me out of the room, saying it was his.

I walked around the house looking for my bedroom but couldn’t find it. Finally I confronted my TV mother, Joanna Kearns. She was like 6-foot-4 and was towering over me. I told her I knew the house didn’t have a bedroom for me and she said something about making room somewhere for me. Her reaction told me the family didn’t have a bedroom for me at all because they just didn’t think of me.

It just made me feel like I wasn’t part of the family at all. I was furious and was going to get an apartment and never speak to any of them again.

To add insult to injury, I never got to meet Alan Thicke.

No comments:

Post a Comment