Thursday, January 12, 2017

I had the most celebrity-stalking dream


I dreamed I was interviewing Bill Cosby. We were at some kind of restaurant sitting at picnic tables and drinking beer. I wouldn’t let him pay for my beer because journalistic ethics forbids it. (It occurred to me later that I should have watched what was in that drink.)

Cosby conducted the interview by writing everything down in a notebook and I would copy what he wrote. I realized that wasn’t blind like some reports have said. He could see perfectly.

Then I was walking in the woods where there were patches of snow on the ground and a stream nearby. I had been there before in other dreams. “Horses” by Tori Amos was playing on my iPod and came on a second time since it was on shuffle. The iPod was actually a gold crucifix necklace and the song title was engraved into it.

Then I was in Tori’s apartment in Center City. It was two floors linked by these long spiral staircases. I was carrying old issues of the New Mutants comic, several white T-shirts and a few pairs of shoes in a plastic bag. I walked down the stairs and saw instruments and recording equipment on this landing (which made no sense because it didn’t have any isolation it would need for recording).

I wanted to get a picture of Tori’s piano so I made an excuse to go back upstairs and then walk down the steps so I could see it. I tried to access my camera but since we were in Tori’s apartment, the only things on my phone were Tori apps and I couldn’t escape them to get to the camera.

I got to the lobby downstairs, where there were several sushi restaurants. I got in the elevator and a burly security guard in a Speedo asked me to leave since I was trying to take pictures. I wanted to change into sneakers but someone on the elevator had stolen my sneakers so I had to wear sandals home.

No comments:

Post a Comment