Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A list of fast food places I've never eaten at or haven't eaten at in so long that I may as well never have eaten there at all


Taco Bell
Arby’s
Chipotle
KFC
Popeye’s
In-and-Out
Skyline Chili
Checkers
Church’s
White Castle
Carl’s
Hardee’s
Jack in the Box
Sonic
Blimpie’s
Jersey Mike’s

… You know what? You try to come up with content every week! You try to write something fresh after 16 years of doing this! Because let me tell you, mister, it ain’t easy. I work a full week of editing others’ articles and coming up with an editorial calendar for a new publication, and then I’m just expected to, what, tapdance for your amusement? To dance for nickels down at the dock? I’m tired and it’s hard sometimes. I try to entertain people with slices of life, childcare stories, parodic plays, TV recaps, political screeds and all sort of curiosities. And sometimes that well just comes up dry. Sometimes it’s another week and you stare at the calendar and have nothing to say. And that’s when the void opens up. Can’t you hear it howling? I can. It’s that giant emptiness into which slips all your inspiration. You rejoice because you finally have that one idea and it crumbles under the weight of inspection and down it goes, into that void from which nothing can possibly escape except the laughter that mocks you. So you try this sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment