Thursday, March 22, 2012

I had the most recurring dream

I dreamed that Steve and I had to move out of our house and back into my first apartment. If you remember that apartment, this would cause a problem in reality, as it was tiny. The bedroom was so small that it would only fit a twin bed as the door would not open with a bigger bed. Two people would probably drive each other nuts in that space. When we moved back, the apartment had the same amount of possessions that it had when I lived there but there were some differences. The TV was different and there were shelves holding piles of paper. There was a staircase in the apartment but we couldn't go upstairs because that's where the neighbors lived. I told Steve I would show him the creepy Blair Witch basement I used to have.

This dream makes me think of how many possessions I carried over from my first apartment. It's basically my bedroom set, a bookshelf, the entertainment center and a few other small things. I didn't have a lot back then and I've since added an amazing amount of furniture and stuff to fill our house.

This is a recurring dream that I have constantly: We have to leave our house and move back to one of my old apartments. Sometimes the apartments will be different but in the dream, I always recognize them as places I once lived. I'm usually kind of upset in the dream because I like our neighborhood and don't want to move. There's never a reason why we have to move. Maybe we've had an economic catastrophe and get foreclosed. That's a harsh reality for many but what are the chances that we could move back into the same apartment I once had?

I constantly have this dream of having to move. I don't know what it means but it's been happening more lately. Maybe it's because I've been thinking more about what the dream means so it's working further into my subconscious. The only other recurring dream I've had through the years is that I'm trying to call Steve and I keep dialing the wrong number and have to start over.

I don't know why but my sleep has been wall-to-wall dreams lately and it's keeping me from getting a good night's sleep as I wake up constantly. Having a lot of dreams that I remember probably means my brain is working properly but I would rather have that deep sleep and have the visions leave me alone for a few nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment