Friday, February 14, 2014

The Bright Side of a Leaky Roof


I am negative. I never fail to look at the downside of everything. I could spot a gaping flaw in the Hope Diamond. I hate everything.

So the fact that our roof, which was had replaced in late 2012, is leaking, could be a bit of a downer. The leaky ceiling is in my office and yesterday I was working from home while serenaded by its metronome drip for a few hours. They are coming back (again) today to fix it. But I think I’m going to look on the bright side. Here are a few positives about a leaky roof:

At least it’s not leaking over the bed. Then we’d have to sleep on our backs while holding a bucket on our stomachs.

The water leaking is now clear. It started out piss yellow (I don’t want to know) but now it’s clear. So that’s something.

Maybe if they come back enough times, I’ll make some new friends at the roofing company.

• I should be grateful. There are people in California who would kill for the water dripping beside me.

• If I close my eyes, it feels like I’m having a peaceful day beside a babbling brook.  

• This now justifies spending the money on those buckets. And to think they said I was a fool when I bought them. Who’s a fool now?

• Our ceiling was looking like it needed something new. I was getting sick of the dry, pristine white.

• You know, it’s all the circle of life. The snow melts and the water evaporates and it’s just magical. Just magical as hell.

Now I’m going to skip through some fields of wildflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment