Thursday, June 12, 2014

I had the most absent-minded dream


I dreamed my parents and I were taking our parakeet to the vet. We were a little lost in trying to find the place. Finally I looked at the map and realized that the vet’s office was in Delaware while we were in Pennsylvania. D’oh!

It looked like we were going to miss the appointment. I then realized that you don’t bring your parakeet to the veterinarian; the veterinarian comes to the parakeet. How absent-minded of us. What pet owner doesn’t know that a vet will always make house calls for a bird? It’s been a tradition in our society for thousands of years.

In the end, it all worked out. It turned out that the parakeet was kind of indicating where it wasn’t feeling well by flapping its wings around its head to show the head was the problem. So at least the vet didn’t have to guess what the problem was.

Oh, and the parakeet was the size of a human and looked a little like a person. Which is kind of horrifying if you think about it.

Maybe I should watch what I eat before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment