Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I had the most environmentally catastrophic dream


I dreamed I was walking in some kind of wooded area, like the area around Darby Creek, as a shortcut to get somewhere. I looked up and there was water flowing downhill and starting to take over the ground.

It almost looked like the tide coming in as the ocean started encroaching further onto the beach, except the water was flowing downhill, as if the ocean were about to overflow its banks above us. The water was sort of pooling in patches of foam around us. I got the sense that the land would soon be all water and that would be an environmental catastrophe. I know that’s not how it works but the physics made sense in the dream.

I talked to a woman who lived nearby and she said the water started rising some time ago but it had just started getting worse. I thought it was just my luck that the day I wanted to use the woods as a shortcut, I couldn’t. I didn’t know how I’d get where I wanted. The way the water was pooling was beautiful and terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment