Thursday, October 15, 2015

They can stop airing the following commercials anytime now


DraftKings and FanDuel. I like football and I’m sick of these commercials so I can imagine how annoyed sports non-fans are. Maybe their ubiquity is coming to an end since there’s a betting scandal similar to insider trading. It’s hilarious how DraftKings and FanDuel (because no company or product can be two words now; they’re always smashed together as if the space bar is broken) make their daytrader lottery look like easy money. If these companies can afford advertising during every NFL game it’s not because they’re paying out so much in winnings.

Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln commercials. Wait, there’s still a little space left over in my throat after all the hype in the run-up to McConaughey winning an Oscar. Shove him in further … further … you can still see the tips of his toes … there you go. All the way down. Alright, alright, alright.  

Target’s “I Can’t Wait” commercial. I like the Nu Shooz song so I don’t want Target to ruin it by repetition. I already see this ad constantly. This is what happened when Target played the commercial with the cover of “Groove Is in the Heart” several times during each commercial break. Don’t ruin “I Can’t Wait.”

Any commercial featuring “Feeling Good.” I got sick of this a few years ago when Jennifer Hudson sang it every January for weight loss. Now it’s in some car commercial. I don’t like this song and have no interest in Nina Simone so I hope they retire it as a standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment