Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Meet Gritty! He's gritty!


Hey, everybody! I’m Gritty! I’m gritty! See my orange beard? It means I have grit! Playoff beard! Grrrr! I’m a gritty man/puppet who’s proven he can grow a beard!

Touch my beard, kids! I won’t bite, despite how gritty I am!

Flyers! Broad Street Bullies! Puck right to the teeth! We’re gritty! Grrrr! I’m so gritty, I leave a textured grit on the ice that the Zamboni must clean up!

I’m gritty! Just like gritty, blue-collar Philadelphia! Phillies and Eagles too! Grrrrit! We all carry lunch pails and wear hard hats here! All of us, to a man, longshoremen! All of us, even preteen girls, with playoff beards, even in the offseason!

I’m so gritty, my favorite movie is True Grit! Not the Coen brothers version—the original with gritty John Wayne!

I order my cheese steaks with Cheez Whiz, onions and extra grit! I grunt out my order at Pat’s! I get Amoroso’s crumbs all over my orange beard! I’m not like that genteel Phillie Phanatic, sticking his green pinkie in the air while sipping a latte!

Because I’m Gritty and I’m gritty!

I’m on the el! I’m stuck on 76! I’m talking trash at a Cowboys fan at the Italian Market!

Kensington! Fishtown! North Philly! Gritty!

I’m the grit under your fingernails after you change your oil! I’m the grit between your bathroom tiles! I’m the grittiest Muppet you’ve ever seen! I’m Gritty!

GRRRRRRR!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment