Thursday, August 16, 2012

K-Stew & R-Patz

I don’t care on any level about the breakup of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. I have no interest in either of these people. I have never had any interest in these people. I am not on Team Robert or Team Kristen. I cannot imagine any situation in which I will be interested in these celebrities at any point in the future or in any alternate future. I have never read or seen any of the Twilight books or movies and never plan on doing so. The romantic relationship between these two people, or lack thereof, has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my life. It does not affect any physical, psychological, intellectual or social aspect of my being. I am completely and totally uninterested in any of the confirmed or speculated details about Stewart’s affair. The male partner in her dalliance, as well as the timing and place, is of no concern to me on a moral or any other level. I have complete and total torpor toward Pattinson’s reaction to the affair or his subsequent state of mind. Whether or not he eats pints of ice cream directly from the carton or addresses his heartbreak on talk shows is beneath my notice. Likewise, I have an adamant apathy vis-à-vis Stewart’s mental state or potential level of despair following the altercation. On a more practical note, I remain un-impacted regarding whether or not Stewart will be removed from the Snow White sequel due to her infidelity. I am not intrigued by the love lives of these people on a personal level, on an ironic level, as a novelty, as camp, as kitsch, as cautionary example, as a morality play, as celebrity gossip, as Schadenfreude, as a reflection of contemporary values or as an insight into the machinery of Hollywood. There is an impressive litany of matters, both portentous and picayune, in which I am more invested than the status of Pattinson and Stewart, although listing those matters would involve an impressive amount of time and space. If I could visually represent my interest in this celebrity couple, the resulting graphic would be too small to detect with the naked eye. My disinterest in these two is so extreme that if one were to graph it, it would appear as a black hole, sucking in all light around it and threatening to pull my interest in more relevant topics down with it. I have a total lack of caring so powerful that it extends retroactively into the past so I have never have read any article or seen any photo of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. It would take a major act of will for me to give a shit — an act of will so mammoth that it would kill me. My disinterest is immense. It is legion. It is immutable. To sum up: I just. Don’t. Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment