Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What goes through my mind while waiting in line three hours for a roller coaster


This line goes so far ahead that I can’t even see the configuration ahead of us. It looks like it turns perpendicular at some point but I can’t be sure.

What on earth are these girls ahead of us talking about? She slept with Don while her friend was in the room? Who are these people?

I love Millennium Force. Hopefully, today’s ride will be more fun than last night’s in the rain. The feeling of rain pelting my face at 60 mph was … I guess you’d call it bracing.

I don’t care about smart phones but having one would give me more to do while waiting.

2+2=4. 2+2=4. I can see why this is so popular!

The wind off Lake Erie is very chilling today. Why didn’t I bring a warmer coat? I guess I’ll have to break down and buy a hat at a gift store. You know, they say a lot of your body heat escapes through your head so you really should cover up in the cold. I’ve just never been one for hats so I don’t really have any. I finally had to buy a baseball hat so my head didn’t get sunburned on the beach but I only wear that reluctantly. Isn’t sunburn on your head the worst? I tried spraying sunscreen on my scalp but it stings a little and I don’t want it in my hair. So, a hat it is then.

Wow! Look how far we’ve come in two hours! I’d hate to be one of the suckers in line way back there!

If you want an engrossing read, look up “List of amusement park accidents” on Wikipedia. Or is it “List of amusement park deaths”?

Where should we eat dinner tonight? I know I’ll be ready to eat by the time we’re off this ride. I guess I should have something light, since we’ll be spending our evening going upside down and through corkscrews.

Know what would suck? If we got right up to the front of the line and they closed it due to high winds.

It’s strange to be standing in line and seeing all these people wearing high school and college sports T-shirts and I don’t know any of the schools because we’re in Ohio.

This ride has three trains and each seats 36 people. That means, if my math is correct, that 108 people graduate from this line every time the ride rotates through three trains. That must mean there are a few thousand people in this line.

Did I turn off the oven?

This guy in the green hoodie is amusing. He’s getting close to the front of the line and yelling excitedly, trying to get everyone enthused about nearly getting on the ride. It’s something to do.

They should just call the fast pass line the “la-dee-da” line.

Maybe I’ll buy a new pair of pants.

Almost there! Look how far we’ve come! Now we’re actually up to the ride. Four more cars and we can get on!

Getting on now. Let’s buckle up. I love roller coasters!


No comments:

Post a Comment