Friday, April 5, 2013

I had the most déjà vu dream


We’ve been here before. I had yet another dream about going back to my first apartment.

It was a palace compared to the real thing. The living room was in the back where the dining room was and it was pretty big. The bedroom was big enough that it fit two twin beds and a futon. I was moving some pillows from the living room to the bedroom. Ann, Bev, Deanna and our company’s president were sitting there chatting.

My old bedroom looked much like I left it. The box spring of my bed was missing so the mattress was sitting right on the floor. My old blanket and bed sheets were on it. I had left my old bureau there. It was decorated with these square wooden ape heads with huge blue eyes. I planned on taking this bureau back to my current house because it was so nice.

Best of all, I had left a bunch of wrapped Christmas presents in the closet and they were still there. I couldn’t remember what I bought so I really wanted to rip into them and use the presents myself. They had been in the closet for a decade so it was too late to return them anyway. I was annoyed when I woke up and there were no presents.

It was odd that the present residents of the apartment left my room the way it was. It was like I died and they were too heartbroken to rearrange anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment