Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Apropos of Nothing


I’m going to cop a big, self-righteous attitude that I’m boycotting Russian vodka. This will work until people realize that I’ve always boycotted every vodka from every country because I can’t stand vodka. I love convenient boycotts wherein I don’t use the product anyway. However, if Scotland ever cracks down on gay people, I’m screwed.

Whoever operates, the crawl, at the bottom of the screen, on Action News, in the morning, really needs, to lay off, the, commas.

Add my mind to the collateral damage of the python escaping the pet store and attacking those two kids. Now I have to avoid the sight of snakes on the slideshow of Yahoo and other websites I go to. Thanks for the nightmares. That is another reason I hate pet stores: I know there are snakes in there so I never wander around too much.

We saw The Conjuring and it was good but didn’t scare me at all. I think I great idea for a book or movie would be the aftermath of possession. How do you know the person won’t relapse? How do you know the demon isn’t still inside and just playing possum? How can you trust that your mother won’t try to kill  you again like she did in the creepy basement when Bathsheba possessed her?

I have to laugh when white people think it’s unfair that they can’t use the N-word but black people can. Yeah, racial double standards are a real bitch, aren’t they?

When I was on my business trip, I had one of the morning shows on as background while getting ready and this woman was singing a medley in the style of other singers. She did Celine Dion and some other people and they were fine. Then she did Tina Turner and it came off like some exaggerated parody. Why would someone make fun of Tina Turner? I don’t know if the woman intended it that was but it came off as mean-spirited.

Do I have to care about Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters? Yeah, yeah, they were in Nirvana. But I just don’t care.

It’s really odd how I almost look forward to the end of summer because we don’t go away til the weekend after Labor Day. The action used to be in July or August and now it’s all about September. Going away that week was fun last year. The water is warm and there were no crowds or traffic. It was a little chillier on the deck at night but very pleasant. Once you graduate from school, there’s no reason for the summer to end the first Monday in September. I had a quiet summer anyway. After the wedding and honeymoon, I don’t have much more vacation time anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment