Friday, February 5, 2016

Yeah, I got an iPhone


Pat me on the back, won't you? This fits into my long-range plans of getting updated technology at least five years after its introduction. The smart phone was a long time in coming and Steve spurred me into getting it (and did all the talking at the store because I have no idea what I am doing and have zero desire to learn any more about networks or data plans or whatever).

So the next time you text me, the message will come up in blue or whatever color it is so you’ll know I joined the upper caste of iPhone users, having ascended from the untouchables with plain old phones that didn’t do too much. The old phone never bothered me but I guess it was time to move on. I am grateful to have a real (well, not real but you know what I mean) keyboard.

You’ll be excited to know my texts also won’t be in all broken and abbreviated English, since I would lose patience with the numeric keyboard and all my messages were C U later and stuff. Now that I have a better keyboard to work with, I am much more vigilant with punctuation and capitalization with texts. The one thing I don’t like with the phone is that the punctuation marks are on the number screen. It’s awkward to toggle to the numbers just to get a period and toggle right back to the alphabet screen. The period and comma should stay with the letters. Boy, I should be a special advisor at Apple.

I’m also on Instagram but I haven’t posted much. I am working on some kind of theme for any photos I take so you’ll see that when I come up with it.

I like being able to check my email on the go and all the apps and games. But the thing is, I don’t use the iPhone any more than I did with the AT&T whateverphone I had. I just leave it on the table at home and forget about it. Maybe I’ll explore more and use the thing more and I’m sure it will come in handy when I’m traveling. But for now, I guess I’m still not much of a phone person. I’m lucky to be able to do my web browsing at work so there’s not much left to look at when I’m home. It’s a nice phone but it hasn’t changed my life or blown my mind or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment