Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Things to Do While We're Waiting


Dust
Scrub the shower tiles
Throw out expired condiments
Clean the washer
Organize the garage
Shred any bills that are older than seven years
Read Infinite Jest again
Train the cats to respond to sign language
Dig up our lawn and reseed the entire thing
Paint each slat of the den paneling a different color
Stock up on 9-volt batteries so I will never be without working smoke detectors
Organize my coupons by what aisle the items are located in the supermarket
Color code every contact in my address book with a different color sticker for how long we’ve known each other
Iron and fold the towels, and then refold them
Put collar tabs in all my dress shirts
Knit everyone I know something that’s supposed to be a scarf
Update my dental floss journal
Binge watch all of Doctor Who
Synchronize all our clocks to an atomic clock
Learn Mandarin
Memorize the periodic table
Organize all my shirts by color
Finally get cracking on that book of haiku I’ve always wanted to write
Get a masters and a doctorate
Write down everything that ever happened to me in my childhood in chronological order
Scan every photograph I have and then enter each of them into an Excel spreadsheet organized by date, place and the people in them
Play Hungry Hungry Hippos

No comments:

Post a Comment