Friday, February 8, 2013

Apropos of Nothing


There was a refreshing lack of traffic this morning. I’m hoping that means (knock on wood) that people stayed home from work due to the Mega Blizzard and I will have no trouble getting home tonight. It’s pleasant to be the only driver on a snowy road.

Beyonce seems like one of those artists for whom, if you have any criticisms, you are just a hater. I guess Adele would be another one. For instance, if you think the transitions between songs in a Super Bowl medley were clunky and killed the momentum or if you think an entire album of breakup songs might be laying it on a little thick, you don’t have a legitimate point. It’s just blind, unreasoning hate. And haters gon’ hate.  

We are still having a leak dripping down that pipe into our basement. The roofers and plumbers have been out several times and it’s condensation dripping down from the pipe near the roof. As long as it’s not the pipes or the roof actually leaking, I’m not going to worry about it. I’m not going to make myself sick because of an occasional drip onto a concrete floor. They said to fix it for certain, they’d have to replace the cast iron pipe near the roof but that would mean knocking through the wall and it’s just not worth the money or disruption.

I hate Andy Bernard on The Office. How dare he go away for three months and come back to work and collect a bonus check like nothing ever happened? How dare he sail to a distant island and let his girlfriend worry that he might be dead? Steve and I applauded last night when Erin dumped Andy. I hope next week’s episode opens with a shot of him in the parking lot carrying his belongings to his car for the final time. Caaaaan’t staaaaaand.

X-Box Kinect is kind of fun. I guess I’m doing well with the Wall Breaker game because I am setting personal high scores every time I play.

Why do pop singers compare themselves and their lovers to Romeo and Juliet like it’s pure romance? Do they not know they both died at the end? Did they fall asleep in high school literature class and miss that?

No comments:

Post a Comment