Friday, April 4, 2014

I had the most larcenous dream


I dreamed I went back in time to the early ‘80s and was at an Eagles practice at the Vet. We were not on the field but sort of under it having a cocktail party. I guess that was how the team rolled in the ‘80s.

I was walking around and suddenly realized that someone had stolen my wallet again. (Or was that the first time someone had stolen my wallet, given that it predated my Planet Fitness theft by 30 years? Time travel makes my head hurt.) I was very unhappy that this had happened again and I would have to cancel my credit cards again and get a new driver’s license.

Later I was in a hotel room when the thief knocked on my door. I answered and she pointed a gun to my head. It wasn’t bad enough that she stole my cash but now she’s threatening to kill me? Talk about adding insult to injury. Someone else in the room pointed a gun at her so there was a stalemate and it ended without bloodshed.

This may have been a premonition because the police caught one of the suspects who stole my wallet in the waking world in the present. The guy had allegedly broken into lockers in 20 fitness clubs around the tri-state area. The description of the crimes match what happened to me: He would break off the locks from lockers and then put a different lock on to fool the owner. There’s another suspect out there but the police have a lead on him.

Everything is pretty much rectified for me. I disputed the charges and I got back the $700 that the thief debited from me. I’m still going to Planet Fitness for now for lack of other cheap options. However, I’m taking precautions. I’m leaving my wallet at home and keeping my driver’s license on my person while I work out, as well as my car key. The only thing in my locker will be my phone and nobody wants that.

PS If the guy they caught is the one who went on a shopping spree at the Christiana Mall, Nordstrom’s did a bang-up job checking his ID when he charged $2,300 at the store. We could be twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment