Monday, March 2, 2015

Slap Me in the Face


The world is not the blur I wish it were. It seems to sit, stubbornly and ignorantly like a car trying to turn left without a signal, not moving over far enough to let anybody by.

It's all just that molded vinyl smell that lingers too large in the dining room. The ceiling will not repair itself. The market will not bend to my will no matter how much spleen and heart and skeleton force it. So many things here will not move. True, not as much snow as expected has fallen but I stare at these stupid, stubborn patches as one month refuses to yield to the other.

Like a dervish, I whirl and worry, halfway between vuvuzela triumph and colicky disaster. Ultimately all I do is sit on cinderblocks and rev my engine and mix my metaphors.

The present lingers and I want the sunlight of the future to slap me in the face so hard that I forget my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment