Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Jig Is Up


It is with a heavy heart that I announce my resignation as president of the Delaware chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgender and Queer (NAALGBTQ) people. In the past few days, the public has become aware that I have been masquerading as a gay man for several years and so I cannot continue on.

The world has discovered that I am unequivocally straight. As a young boy, I used to use a pink Crayola crayon, not peach, to color my skin in drawings. This subtle but important distinction spoke deeply to how I identified myself.

I may look and act like a gay man but now I am embarrassed to say it’s all a façade. I have used high-end hair gels to make my hair look gay. I have also spent a lot of money on skin care products so my skin looks closer to homosexual. I paid much more attention to fashion than I would have if I lived freely as a straight person.

I have also affected a gay persona, going to clubs and such and expressing affection to my husband (he’s in on it). My gay cultural interests are all a cover for my deception. I actually can’t stand Madonna. Whenever I was screaming at one of her concerts, it was from pure aggravation, not excitement.

Pay no attention to the allegation that while I was a student at the historically gay Elton John University, I sued for discriminating against me as a straight person. This is false.

Again, I apologize. But I will continue to fight for whatever it is I’m fighting for by doing this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment