Monday, December 14, 2015

The Fog


At an office building in the Delaware Valley, two employees stare out the window at the opaque morning.

Kathy: Wow, I couldn’t see 2,000 feet in front of my face this morning because of all this fog.

Bob: I know. I had to keep slamming on my brakes every time I entered an extra thick pocket of fog. (Whispering) You know, we really shouldn’t even be open today.

Kathy (whispering): Seriously. I don’t know how they expect us to work in this visible mass consisting of cloud water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the air at or near the Earth's surface.

Bob: They should really offer fog days.

In walks Pat.

Pat: Sorry I’m late. Just … the fog.

Bob: I know, the fog.

Kathy: The fog, yeah.

Pat: Unless I have a clear, panoramic view for at least 10 miles, it’s not safe to do more than half the speed limit on the highway. Oh, Chris called out. Might be in later if it clears up.

Kathy: Really?

Pat: Well, Chris does have that medically documented phobia of water vapor.

Kathy: Of course, yes. Well, it could be worse. It could be … SNOW.

Bob: Uuuuugggghhhh.

Pat: Ohhhhhaaaah.

Kathy: Opsashas99n&FFG%3vb.

They all collapse to the floor and lie there moaning until quitting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment