Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Seize the Sun


When I awoke, the sun was still holding as if waiting for me to walk to the ocean. How could I sleep in today when the vacation and the world were wanting and waiting to be seized?

Without delay, I slathered sunscreen, headed over the sand into the waves, looked back to the western horizon to see the clouds hunched in gunmetal, threatening but as yet still harmless. I could calculate the clouds’ advance eastward would not spoil my day for some time, as if somebody, out of curiosity, paused the storm. The forecast said rain all day but I ignored it and went anyway. I put my back to the clouds and embraced the ocean. I will not leave this beach until the conditions make it impossible to remain.

On vacation, maybe on every day, you have to seize the sun when you can because you never know when the rain will fall. 

August 14, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment